CONSTRUCTIONAL MODIFICATION OF BUFFER STOPS FOR USE WITH THE AUTOMATIC COUPLER
After examining the solutions adopted or envisaged by the various administrations, conditions are laid down which are to be fulfilled by modified or new buffer stops both for the interim period when the automatic coupler will be used in conjunction with side buffers, and for the final phase when side buffers are no longer used at all.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Bumpers; Couplers
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Magyar Allamvasutak; Norges Statsbaner; Schweizerische Bundesbahnen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais; VR Group (Railroad : Finland)
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Buffers; Question s1003; Side buffers
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052801
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: S1003/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM