SIGNS AND DISPLAY SYSTEMS: GRAPHIC DESIGN AND HUMAN ENGINEERING (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The bibliography contains annotated references to research reports covering varied aspects of design of signs and displays, particularly in the transportation field. Specific topics include: highway sign design; highway sign legibility; traffic control devices; transportation graphics; visual perception of aircraft instrument display systems; human engineering of symbols; and legibility of maps.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Graphic arts; Human factors engineering; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Information dissemination; Instrument panels; Legibility; Maps; Materials; Perception; Symbols; Traffic control devices; Traffic signs; Transportation; Visibility; Visual perception
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dissemination
- Subject Areas: Design; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00312690
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM