Many tests and studies relating to or involving tyre profiles have been carried out either by the various Administrations for their own purposes or as part of the work of ORE Committees. After indicating the advantage of having a single standard profile the report gives a few of the chief results obtained. A comparison between the profiles adopted by the SNCF, the DB and BR shows shows differences of small importance. The development of a sole profile may thus be considered possible, but this can only result from a future exchange of results and knowledge obtained.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Standardization; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis; Wheel profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Question s1002
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052800
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: S1002/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM