A MODEL FOR NONLINEAR CREEP OF CONCRETE
A constitutive model for uniaxial creep of concrete, based on thermodynamics of materials with internal state variables is described. Using experimental data, model parameters are estimated using least squares procedures. It is found that considerable nonlinearity with respect to stress exists in instantaneous creep response, that recoverable creep strain is relatively insensitive to aging, and that irreversible creep strain is relatively strongly affected by aging and stress level. A brief discussion of important open questions concerning choice of models for creep is included.
- Presented at Second Session of Rilem Colloquium on Creep Concrete, Leeds, 20-21 April 1978.
Stuttgart University, West GermanyKeplerstrasse 7
D-7000 Stuttgart, Germany
- Argyris, J H
- Pister, K S
- William, K J
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Aging (Materials); Concrete; Creep; Least squares method; Mathematical models; Nonlinear systems; Structural analysis; Thermodynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Nonlinearity
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete creep; Creep analysis; Irreversible processes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00312629
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISD-REPT-246 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM