PERMISSIBLE MASSES PER AXLE FOR TRAILER VEHICLES AS A FUNCTION OF THE WHEEL DIAMETER AND SPEED. PERMISSIBLE MASSES PER AXLE FOR SPECIAL PURPOSE WAGONS WITH VERY SMALL WHEELS (DIAMETER IS LESS THAN 630 MM)
The present report contains data relating to track measurements (on straight track and in a 700 m radius track curve) with special small wheel wagons, the SGP-wagon (350 mm dia wheels) and the "Rolling road" wagon (500 mm dia wheels), and with an ordinary bogie wagon (920 mm dia wheels). The test runs were made at speeds up to 130 km/h. The test results support the conclusion that these wagons may be permitted to run at speeds up to 120 km/h with an axle-load of 5 t for the SGP-wagon and an axle-load of 10 t for the "Rolling road" wagon.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Diameter; Dynamics; Flanges; Force; Rail (Railroads); Shear stress; Train track dynamics; Vehicle design; Wheel loads; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Car design; Question c113; Wheel design; Wheel diameter; Wheel flange forces
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052797
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C113/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM