OIL WATER SEPARATORS (CITATIONS FROM THE ENGINEERING INDEX DATA BASE)
Worldwide journal research is cited on these devices, mainly for water pollution control. A range of equipment is described, including gravity separators, centrifuges, membranes, coalescers, filters, distillation columns, and flotation units. Oil recovery from oil spills is covered. Separation of these components in ballast and bilge water, factory effluents, petroleum refineries, and waste oil treatment is studied. Design, operation, costs, testing, and efficiency of these articles are reported. (This updated bibliograhy contains 132 abstracts, 4 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Lehmann, E J
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 138 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Bilges; Centrifuges; Chemical analysis; Coalescers; Hydraulic equipment; Hydrocarbons; Oil filters; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oil wells; Oils; Petroleum refining; Separators; Ships; Water; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Membranes; Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Membranes (Biology); Oil removal equipment; Oil skimmers; Oil spill control; Oily ballast water; Skimmers; Water pollution abatement
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00312565
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM