CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CHRONIC REPEATER OF ILLNESSES AND INJURIES ONBOARD U.S. SHIPS AND A SURVEY OF OPERATOR CLAIMS COSTS
The study consists of the analysis of the illness and injury record of all U.S. Seamen for whom reports have been received by the Marine Index Bureau (MIB). The study concentrates on the influence of the 'chronic repeater' on personnel injury and illness claims.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Fatalities; Injuries; Insurance claims; Job analysis; Loss and damage claims; Merchant vessels; Methodology; Personnel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Characteristics; Merchant ships; Morbidity
- Old TRIS Terms: Claims prevention; Personnel analysis; Personnel casualties
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00312543
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-196 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM