ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFICIENCY AND AGGRESSIVE POWER OF CLEANING AGENTS
This questionnaire report was initiated on the grounds of a questionnaire answered by 19 administrations. It contains in the tables a large number of data concerning details of the cleaning agents used on the various administrations and of the methods they employ. It would, however, be premature to issue recommendations on the basis of these results and it is therefore proposed that the question be further considered with a view to the issuing of acceptance specifications, and that the search for the optimum testing methods should be continued. Special consideration should be given to the gradual introduction of new paint systems such as dispersion finished and polyurethane resin varnishes.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Car shops (Railroads); Cleaning; Cleansers; Corrosion; Paint; Passenger trains; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks
- Identifier Terms: Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Belges; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Car cleaning facilities; Cleaning tracks; Question e119
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052790
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E119/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM