SYNTHETIC INSULATING MATERIALS ON OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT. SUMMARISED REPORT OF LABORATORY AND SERVICE TESTS. CONCLUSIONS AND PROSPECTS
This report gives the conclusions of the studies of the E 54 Specialists Committee concerning the application possibilities of synthetic insulating materials for the insulation of the overhead equipment. The laboratory tests and line tests have shown that, at the present stage of development, no suitable material is known which can reliably be used for the manufacture of an insulator intended for general use on overhead electric traction lines. It seems, however, that the cycloalipatic resins with fillers might offer interesting solutions. The Committee considers that, in the future, the investigations should be directed towards the development of constructional parts formed of insulating materials rather than towards the use of insulators in non-insulated structures.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electric insulating materials; Electrical equipment; Electrical grounding; Insulating materials; Synthetics; Test facilities; Tests
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Belges; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais; Statens Jarnvagar
- Old TRIS Terms: Double insulation; Question e54
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00052789
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E54/RP 4/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM