SYNTHETIC INSULATING MATERIALS ON OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT. LABORATORY TESTS ON TEST SPECIMENS OF INSULATING MATERIALS. ORE PROGRAMME OF TESTS
Procedures for laboratory tests on synthetic materials for insulators are indispensable in order to arrive at classification and pre-selection of these new materials; they should also permit quality checks on current deliveries. Several international and national commissions of technical experts have elaborated and published such test conditions. Insulators for railway overhead contact systems are exposed to special effects which are generally not encountered in the power supply systems of electric energy generating plants. The ORE E 54 Specialists Committee has therefore compiled a programme of laboratory tests on synthetic materials for insulators, allowing for the special strains to which the insulators of overhead contact systems are exposed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electric insulating materials; Electrical equipment; Electrical grounding; Equipment tests; Insulating materials; Synthetics; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Double insulation; Question e54; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052787
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E54/RP 2/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM