FIRST ORDER DYNAMIC RESPONSE OF FREIGHT CAR TO TRACK IRREGULARITIES
This paper offers a review of simple dynamic response of the freight car suspension to track irregularities, the resultant effect on lading and energy feed back to the track structure.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Joint Railroad Conference, April 9-10, 1980, Montreal, Canada.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Guins, S G
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Car wheels (Railroads); Dynamics; Force; Freight cars; Harmonics; Rail (Railroads); Ride quality; Rocking; Rolling; Suspension systems; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Harmonic roll; Lading protection; Rock and roll
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00312392
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 80-RT-5 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM