LONDON TRANSPORT TRAINS
This Paper describes the process of design and development and procurement of new trains for London Transport, who assume many of the functions of a prime contractor. The Paper gives a number of examples of features which are felt to reduce the maintenance cost or improve the reliability or safety of the rapid transit cars.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Joint Railroad Conference, April 9-10, 1980, Montreal, Canada.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Smith, S F
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum cars; Diagnostic tests; Fleet management; Lightweight materials; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Passenger cars; Planning; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: London Transport
- Uncontrolled Terms: Diagnostics
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet planning; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00312391
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 80-RT-4 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1981 12:00AM