USE OF PLASTIC INSULATING MATERIALS ON OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT; THE PROBLEM OF DOUBLE INSULATION
The object of this report is to collate articles published in the general technical literature of recent years and the relevant experience obtained on the systems of the various railway administrations and to evaluate them with respect to further handling of the question by ORE. Appendix 1 contains a draft of the programme of work for the E54 question; Appendix 2 is titled "Summaries and excepts of the most important articles published"; Appendix 3 is a bibliography and Appendix 4 contains the draft specification of the Italian State Railways for the supply of glass fiber reinforced synthetic materials to be used for equipping overhead contact systems electrified at 3 kV direct current.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1962-3
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Catenaries (Railroads); Electric insulating materials; Electrical equipment; Electrical grounding; Insulating materials; Synthetics
- Identifier Terms: Ferrovie dello Stato
- Old TRIS Terms: Double insulation; Question e54
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052786
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E54/RE 1/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM