PROCEDURES FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF WORN COMPONENTS. CATALOGUE C. PROCEDURES FOR THE RECONSTITUTION OF WORN TRACK COMPONENTS
The E 34 Specialists Committee had the task of drawing up a documentation on the methods of reconstituting worn components of vehicles and permanent way material, in so far as the wear results from mechanical stresses. When applying a new material on to worn components in replacement of lost material (reconstitution) it is, above all, a question of adopting for economic reasons, procedures capable of reducing the wear in the future (defence against wear). The questions of reconstitution and of defence against wear could not therefore be separated and have been dealt with simultaneously. The general section of this documentation is assembled in Catalogue A Documentation on procedures for reconstituting worn components; Catalogue B- procedures for the reconstitution of worn components of vehicles; and Catalogue C procedures for the reconstitution of worn components of permanent way material. Supplements and modifications to catalogues A, B and C are included.
- Two supplement reports E34/RP 2/E published October 1962 and E34/RP 3/E, October 1973 are also accessioned under RRIS #052782. Restrictions on these reports are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1959-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability tests; Freight cars; Maintenance of way; Track components; Vehicle components; Vehicle maintenance; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Car components; Freight car component performance; Question e34
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052782
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E34/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM