GREASES FOR ROLLER BEARINGS. TEST METHODS FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF GREASES FOR ROLLER BEARING AXLE BOXES
This report which is the final report describes the procedure recommended by the Committee for dealing with the problem of selecting greases for roller bearings. It also contains recommendations for ensuring that after approval characteristics. Partial oxidation can occur when the external surfaces of wheels or rails are deformed because the materials come into contact with the surrounding atmosphere. Oxidised metallic particles are then worn away. Wear is often effected by the characteristics of the process itself or by layers of martensite which are produced by shoe brakes.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1964-10
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Grease; Lubricants; Lubrication; Roller bearings; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Question e18
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052781
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E18d/RF/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM