GREASES FOR BRAKE COMPONENTS. LUBRICATION OF BRAKE CYLINDERS
Several Administrations have reported that the brake equipment fitted to their rolling stock does not function correctly under certain conditions due to incorrect lubrication. In view of the complexity of the problem, the Committee proposed to deal first with the question of lubrication of brake cylinders. In order to find out what lubricants were used for brake cylinders by the European Administrations, a Questionnaire was sent out by ORE and this report presents a summary of their replies. It will be seen that various Administrations experience difficulty at low temperatures and the Committee has therefore decided to investigate this particular aspect first.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-3
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Lubricants; Lubrication; Questionnaires
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Schweizerische Bundesbahnen; Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Belges; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Question e18
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052779
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E18a/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM