UNDERGROUND DISPOSAL OF STORMWATER RUNOFF. DESIGN GUIDELINES MANUAL
This manual provides information necessary to evaluate (for feasibility) as well as to plan and design surface and subsurface infiltration systems or combination systems that can be incorporated into the overall drainage scheme of a particular transportation facility, street system, or commercial development. Basic criteria are presented with examples to assist the designer in selecting the appropriate system. Introductory and background information on the state-of-the-art, utilization of systems for underground disposal of storm water is provided. Solutions to problems of groundwater recharge, storm, water disposal, and/or prevention of salt-water intrusion are also provided. General considerations are reviewed and includes criteria for the evaluation of alternative disposal systems, environmental and legal considerations, and general guidelines for soils exploration and investigation. Specific design guidelines are given to enable the designer to plan and develop economical and environmentally feasible designs based on local hydrology and infiltration characteristics. Information is also provided on the installation and long term performance of various infiltration systems.
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA United States 95819
- HANNON, J B
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Building; Drainage structures; Drums (Containers); Environmental impacts; Facilities; Geological surveying; Groundwater; Hydrology; Infiltration; Installation; Manuals; Performance; Runoff; Soils; Subdrains; Subsurface drainage; Surface drainage; Underground structures; Wastewater
- Old TRIS Terms: Drainage systems; Recharge; Soil exploration; Underdrainage; Underground
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00312264
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-TS-80-218
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM