A note on 'a new approach for solving intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem of type-2'
In real-life decisions, usually the authors happen to suffer through different states of uncertainties. In order to counter these uncertainties, in this paper, the author formulated a transportation problem in which costs are triangular intuitionistic fuzzy numbers, supplies and demands are crisp numbers. In this paper, a simple method for solving type-2 intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem (type-2 IFTP) is proposed and optimal solution is obtained without using intuitionistic fuzzy modified distribution method and intuitionistic fuzzy zero point method. So, the proposed method gives the optimal solution directly. The solution procedure is illustrated with the help of three real life numerical examples. Defect of existing results proposed by Singh and Yadav (2016a) is discussed. Validity of Pandian's (2014) method is reviewed. Finally, the comparative study, results and discussion are given.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/17427967
- Copyright © 2018 Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Kumar, P Senthil
- Publication Date: 2018
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: pp 102-129
- International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management
- Volume: 29
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Inderscience Enterprises Limited
- ISSN: 1742-7967
- EISSN: 1742-7945
- Serial URL: http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=ijlsm
- TRT Terms: Costs; Fuzzy logic; Numerical analysis; Optimization; Uncertainty
- Uncontrolled Terms: Intuition; Triangularization (Mathematics)
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 01662625
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 8 2018 10:02AM