PROBLEMS CONCERNING THE QUALITY OF LUBRICANTS. BEARING LUBRICANTS
After having carried out numerous tests both in the NS-laboratory in Utrecht and in those of the DB at Gottingen, the E 18a Committee has arrived at the following conclusions all the oils used by the Administrations for the lubrication of axleboxes supply satisfactory results, even at the limit conditions of speed, ambient temperature and load, mixtures of oils of different qualities, both new and aged, do not give rise to any anomaly in behaviour, and as regards the problem of hot boxes, the influence of the original quality factor of the oils is greatly reduced. Under these conditions, the E 18 a Committee does not consider it appropriate to supply the Administrations with recommendations for a possible modification of the specifications or criterions for the purchase of oils for bearings.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1959-7
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Lubricants; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Roller bearings
- Old TRIS Terms: Question e18
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052775
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E18a/RP 1/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM