PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. PROTECTION OF THE INTERIOR SURFACES OF THE BODIES OF OPEN WAGONS AND OF SPECIAL WAGONS OF VARIOUS TYPES
An account of the investigations into the protection of the interior surfaces of the bodies of open wagons was given in Report No E 17/RP 23 (October 1964). Tests with wagons made is possible to ascertain that there are products which provide such a protection resulting in the extension of the life of the steel panels. However, tests on a large scale were desirable to enable more experience to be gained. The replies to an inquiry launched in 1968 are summarised in the tables of this report. This inquiry enables the Committee to issue recommendations for the protection of the interior surfaces of open wagons.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-4
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Equipment tests; Freight cars; Materials and structures protection; Service life; Steel; Tests; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car maintenance; Materials protection; Question e17; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052773
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17b/RP 33/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM