PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. EXTERIOR PAINTING OF VEHICLE BODY PANELS. PART IIB- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FINISHING COAT
An enquiry among the railway administration represented on the E17b Specialist Committee, has shown that four different systems are currently used for the finishing coat of vehicle body-walls, i.e. dispersion paints, synthetic resin-based paints, nitrocellulose alkyd-resin-based paints, and two-component paints. The purpose of the recommendations given in this Report is to enable the most suitable finishing coat system to be selected. The Committee, however, wishes to emphasise that insufficient experience has been gained with the two most recent systems, dispersion paints and two-component lacquers, to permit a definitive assessment to be made. Publication of this report was mentioned in item 5 (finishing coat) of part II A of Interim Report No. 27 concerning the painting of the exterior of vehicle body panels.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Materials and structures protection; Paint; Painting; Service life; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials protection; Question e17
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17b/RP 32/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM