PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. DEVELOPMENT OF TEST PROCEDURES FOR THE RAPID DETERMINATION OF THE DURABILITY OF PAINT COATINGS. PART III- COMPARISON OF ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL WEATHERING RESULTS AND FINAL CONCLUSIONS
In two previous reports (RP 28 and 30) were given the results of a study of three carriage paint systems weathered artificially as well as naturally. In this report the value of the various test methods applied is discussed in respect of their use for assessing the rate of deterioration of the paint coats during aging. Also the correlation between results obtained with both types of weathering is analysed. In addition, results of the performance of the paints in railway practice have been obtained from a questionnaire.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Materials and structures protection; Paint; Painting; Service life; Tests; Weathering
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials protection; Question e17
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: 17a/RP 31/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM