CONTAINERS - THEIR HANDLING AND TRANSPORT. A SURVEY OF CURRENT PRACTICE
The survey covers all aspects of container operations. The papers are as follows: Basic operational design of sea container terminals (Marshall, JK); Some civil engineering aspects of container terminal design (Sir Bruce White, Wolfe Barry and Partners); Equipment selection, specification and assessment (Shorrocks, FB and Alcock, DF); Equipment maintenance (Sampson, P); Optimisation of manpower and employee relations (Wormmeester, GJ and Bosselaar, BC); Multi-user terminal-manual documentation and control (Pond, PJ); Operational behaviour and performance (Maguire, FJ); Terminal capacity (Dally, HK, Shrimpton, TE, Marshall, JK and Maguire, FJ); Terminal safety (Compton, M); Physical security (Luck, KW); Costs and charges (Reid, AB, Dally, HK and Wellard, DJ); A multi user container terminal (Cousen, B and Major, FG); Limited user container terminals (Dawes, B); An integrated short sea service (Larking, JE); Inland ports-the UK containerbase system (Macdiarmid, KJ and Chambers, JDC); Rail transport-the freightliner system (Howard, SG); Road transport of containers and unit loads (Hains, EM); Roll-on/roll-off-the Australian scene (Alty, S); Bridging the gap (Tatham, N and Poynder, A); Systems analysis-1: Study of deep sea multi-user berths (Dally, HK); Systems analysis-2: Enhancement of the physical/computer model (Arnold, G).
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0860730158
- Prepared in cooperation with White (Sir Bruce), Barry (Wolfe) & Partners.
National Ports Council1-19 New Oxford Street
London WC1A 1DZ, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 418 p.
- TRT Terms: Container handling; Container terminals; Containerization; Containers; Costs; Design; Freight transportation; Handling and storage; Intermodal transportation; Ports; Specifications; Standards; Storage facilities
- Geographic Terms: Australia; United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Container standards
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 1020: Container (freight); 224: Cost; 9011: Design (overall design); 741: Goods traffic; 1098: Port; 177: Specifications; 9137: Storage; 8119: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00312090
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 0-86073-015-8
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM