PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. PROTECTION OF THE INNER SURFACES OF WAGON BODIES OF OPEN GOODS WAGONS
The NS started service tests in January 1961 and the SNCF in November 1961; the object of these tests was to determine whether more recent painting procedures could ensure an economic protection of the inner surfaces. In both cases, the service results were observed within the frame of studies of the E17b Specialists Committee. The test results so far obtained have led to the conclusion that an economic protection is indeed possible when using zinc rich paints as primer and, if necessary, a bituminous finishing coating.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1964-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Freight cars; Materials and structures protection; Paint; Painting; Tests; Trucks; Vehicle maintenance
- Identifier Terms: Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car maintenance; Materials protection; Question e17; Truck maintenance
- Subject Areas: Construction; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052764
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17/RP 23/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM