PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. DAMAGE ON ROLLING STOCK IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ADHESIVE LABELS
The report summarises the information provided by 15 Administrations who responded to an enquiry sent to all Member-Administrations of ORE. This information confirms that damage is caused to the paint-work of rolling stock by pasting labels directly on to it. The conclusion reached by the Committee is that while the damage can be reduced by the adoption of regulations proposed in the report, some damage will always occur unless the labels are placed on the special panels (which must be of adequate size) which are recommended.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1964-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesives; Corrosion protection; Labeling; Materials and structures protection; Paint; Painting; Tests; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials protection; Question e17
- Subject Areas: Construction; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17/RP 21/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM