PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. METHODS OF REMOVAL OF PAINT FROM EXTERIORS OF ROLLING STOCK
Methods utilized: 1) Abrasive blasting; 2) Stripping with solvent based removers; 3) Stripping with alkaline removers; and 4) Stripping by heat by means of suitable burners. It is concluded that the only acceptable method for removing coats of paint from aluminium surfaces is the stripping with solvent based removers.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-10
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Materials and structures protection; Paint; Paint removal; Painting; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials protection; Question e17
- Subject Areas: Construction; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17/RP 20/E Intrm. Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM