NOISE ABATEMENT. COMPARATIVE SOUND MEASUREMENTS
The object of the comparative measurements, conducted at Brunswick in October 1964 with measuring instruments of the Administrations of the DB, SNCF, SF and NS, was to determine the extent to which the results obtained by the various measuring groups were comparable and, if necessary, to give useful details concerning the method for evaluating the test results. These measurements were preceded by a calibration of the instruments at the Federal-Physico-Technical Institute. For the execution of the tests, the microphones were placed at a distance of five metres from the idling diesel engine of a locomotive of the V 60 series of the DB, the emitted noise being simultaneously recorded by all the measuring arrangements. The results obtained were registered were registered on level recorders. One test, moreover, was registered on tape-recorders, the results being subsequently evaluated in the laboratory. This report contains the figures and tables relating to the evaluation and explains the differences found, these, as a rule, being small. Summing-up, the following might be concluded provided that certain fundamental rules are respected, the noise measurements conducted by several Administrations can supply reasonably comparable results.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic detectors; Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Measuring instruments; Noise; Noise control; Sound level meters; Tests
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais; Statens Jarnvagar
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Noise detection equipment; Noise recording equipment; Question e82
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052747
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E82/RP 2/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM