NOISE ABATEMENT. MEASURING PRINCIPLES
The object of the present note is to inform ORE of the arrangements already made by the Sub-Committee "Measurements." A bridge selected by the DB (at Rosenheim) for conducting various tests concerning rail laying systems (Sub-Committee E 82b), for which arrangements concerning the installations on the sites have been made, has been studied. The present note supplies: a survey of some general characteristics concerning measurements of sound levels, the directives adopted concerning: the measuring chain and the measuring units to be used for the tests, and the evaluation of the tests and the presentation of the results and also the measuring arrangements for the Sub-Committees "Diesel" and "Bridges".
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1964-6
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges (Ships); Diesel engines; Environmental impacts; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Sound level; Sound level meters
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge noise; Diesel engine noise; Noise recording equipment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052746
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E82/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM