SHEETS FOR THE PROTECTION OF LOADS. EXPEDIENCY OF SERVICE TESTS AND POSSIBILITIES FOR ORGANISING SAME WITHIN THE SCOPE OF ORE
After briefly recalling the salient points of its activities up-to-date and also the conclusions to be drawn from these, the Committee, in the present report, deals with the last point on its programme of work namely, the question of conducting service tests. Prior to the creation of the Committee, two Administrations, the FS and the NS, had taken the initiative to carry out tests of this type. The Committee takes cognizance of these tests, examines how they compare with respect to those envisaged at the outset of the studies and established that, as far as ORE is concerned, only the technical aspect should be retained. The Committee then examines whether a general validity can be accorded to the monetary balances which will ultimately lead to the decision concerning the interest presented by the polyamide/polychloroprene sheets and/or the polyamide/P.V.C. sheets. The answer is negative as there is no one sufficiently widely used classical sheet on the Administrations which can be taken as a reference basis.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1964-6
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Loading and unloading; Synthetics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Covers
- Old TRIS Terms: Lading; Lading protection; Question e58
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052745
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E58/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM