INSURANCE AND LIABILITY SYSTEMS IN INTERNATIONAL MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION
The United Nations proposed a Draft Convention on the Combined Transport of Goods (TCM Convention); this Convention contains two alternative systems of liability designated the Network and the Uniform Systems. Of considerable importance to Canada are the potential implications of the Draft TCM Convention, and of the choice of a liability system which will provide maximum benefits to Canadian shippers involved in international trade. This study is primarily designed to analyse and compare in detail, the economic advantages and disadvantages in a Canadian context of the two alternative liability systems proposed in the Draft Convention. It is an effort to cast light on the principal economic factors involved and to help in the choice of the most suitable liability.
Canadian Transport CommissionDirectorate of Transport Industries Analysis
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 187 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo insurance; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Liability; Marine insurance
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Intermodal operations
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00311604
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESAB 76-14, No. 00-76-02
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1980 12:00AM