STRESSES IN THE RAILS, THE BALLAST AND IN THE FORMATION RESULTING FROM TRAFFIC LOADS. SUMMARY OF THE RESULTS GIVEN IN REPORTS NOS. 1-2
This final report of investigation of the related effects of traffic loads and various track structural components is a summary of the 12 preceding interim reports. Studied were stresses in rails, in rail fasteners, in cross ties and in ballast and subgrade. Field tests, supplemented by theoretical investigations, have extended the knowledge about the stresses in the various components of conventional track. The results of the tests and investigations represent useful documentation for practical applications. In addition to summaries of the findings of all the investigations, there are some proposals for future work.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Car wheels (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete ties; Force; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Soil stabilization; Stresses; Structural design; Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Subgrade stability; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast depth; Cross tie design; Question d71; Rail stress
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052732
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D71/RP 13/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM