USE OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS IN SIGNALLING. METHODS FOR CALCULATING THE PERFORMANCE OF SAFETY SYSTEMS
In Report No. 3 it was shown that three classes of state could be distinguished in a safety system, namely, operational state, failure state contrary to safety, and safe failure state. From these states, the availability, reliability and safety of a system can be defined. The present report describes the calculation techniques for systems which are non-repairable during a mission. A theoretical study is made of possible system structures in revealing the general characteristics of these. Then, by way of example, several special cases are treated numerically.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Fail safe systems; Reliability; Risk analysis; Safety; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a118; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052729
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A118/RP 6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM