NATIONAL OCEANGOING TUG BARGE PLANNING CONFERENCE
The conference program was divided into four major Sections: (1) Government Presentations: These presentations included (i) MarAd's assessment of past and current R&D programs supporting the OGTB industry, (ii) the Coast Guard's view of potential changes in regulations applicable to OGTB's, and (iii) the potential use of OGTB's for Mobilization and Navy missions. (2) Industry Presentations: These perspectives covered the general areas of manning, operations, construction, capital costs, operating costs, marine insurance and intermodal factors. (3) Four Simultaneous Workshops and, (4) Summary Reports of Workshop Moderators: The four topical areas used as recurring "themes" in the conference were: Legislation and Regulation; Costs, Operations and Facilities; Markets, Financing and Revenue Opportunities; Research and Development Requirements; The second morning of the conference was given to discussion of the higher-priority issues in four Workshops--one for each of the topical areas mentioned above. The final session of the conference heard the Workshop moderators, speaking to the entire conference, summarize their Workshop's discussions, focusing on the participants' views and reactions to the presented issues. The conference attendees then had the opportunity to comment on those summaries. The Moderators' summaries are included.
- Conference held 26-27 March 1979 in New Orleans.
Fisher Maritime Transportation Counselors, Inc50 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ United States 07079
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 272 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Long range planning; Manning requirements; Marine insurance; Ocean going tugs; Policy; Shipbuilding; Tug ship interaction; Tugboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Tug barges); Integrated tug barge systems; Tug barge economics; Tug barge operations; Tug construction costs
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Policy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00311495
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-900-80011 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-DO-01-78-00-3030
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM