BARGE CARRYING VESSELS, A CURRENT ASSESSMENT
The types of Barge Carrying Vessels reviewed in the opening section of this paper include Lash, Seabee, the Danube See Barges, Bacat, Baco and several other designs. The authors comment on the lack of standardisation of barge sizes and tabulate the standard barge sizes proposed by IS/TC8/SC17. The present fleet of barge carriers is also listed, details of new buildings given and the advantages and disadvantages of the Barge Carrying Vessel concept assessed. Also reviewed are developments in sizes of both barges and barge carriers. Present and future trade routes are discussed and the paper closes with general observations on the system and an examination of future trends.
- Copies of the original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 1.50 pounds to members and 3.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
International Cargo Handling Coordination AssnAbford House, 15 Wilton Road
London SW1V 1LX, England
- Swatton, R
- GREEN, M J
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge carriers; Barges; Lashing; Shipping; Trade routes; Vehicle design; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: Seabee Systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge design; Barge transportation systems; Lash; Shipping trends
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00311487
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM