USE OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS IN SIGNALLING. FAULTS AND SAFETY IN RAILWAY SAFETY SYSTEMS
This report is composed of two parts. In the first part, it is shown that the investigation of the safety concept involves the design of a fault detecting mechanism. In the second part, a calculation method is proposed by means of which the availability and safety of a system can be theoretically evaluated, incorporating the effects of maintenance and repair times.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic components; Fail safe systems; Human factors; Reliability; Risk analysis; Safety; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a118; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052727
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A118/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM