USE OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS IN SIGNALLING. CATALOGUE OF FAILURES OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS STANDARDS
The report contains a list of defects of electronic components, which are used, to a growing extent, in electronic signalling equipment. A component will be considered defective in the case of an unacceptable deviation of a technical feature, on account of internal and external effects, even though the prevailing conditions are suitable for its perfect operation. The following types of defects of components will be studied: short circuit, interruption, increase, decrease, by-pass, variation of magnetisation state, variation of magnetisation curve and fissures in magnetic material. The list contains 27 items, but it can be extended, if desired, in the future. The section dealing with useful standards refers to several sources, where numerous standards connected with electronic components have been elaborated.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic components; Fail safe systems; Reliability; Safety; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a118; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052726
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A118/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM