USE OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS IN SIGNALLING. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS
After having recalled the safety aspect involved in railway signalling, the report deals with the introduction of electronics in signalling installations and defines two different lines of thought: - System based on "single path" processing - System with "multiple path" processing and output control. The report then gives a general survey of the studies already carried out and of the final aims set each of the Working Groups "Components" and "Methods".
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic components; Fail safe systems; Safety; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a118; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052725
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A118/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM