TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE AUTOMATIC COUPLING. EVALUATION OF THE PROPOSALS MADE BY THE FIRMS
Report No. 2 reports on the enquiry made in order to obtain an insight into the systems now available for the transmission of information and to permit a system of international validity to be selected or composed from the various proposals received. The systems proposed can, in principle, be split up into three groups: - systems based exclusively on time division multiplex procedures, - systems based on frequency and time division multiplex procedures, - systems based exclusively on frequency division multiplex procedures. In order to be able to make a selection from among the systems proposed or to compose a system by combining the various proposals made, it will first be necessary to determine, by measurements, the properties of the transmission cable and to test, if necessary, one or more systems, so that the final system can be proposed on the basis of the results obtained.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Couplers; Data communications; Design; Electric circuits
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic coupling; Question a103; Trainlines
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052723
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A103/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM