SECOND SYMPOSIUM ON WATER-IN-FUEL EMULSIONS IN COMBUSTION
This volume contains the proceedings of the second symposium on water-in-fuel emulsions held at the DOT Transportation Systems Center September 12 and 13, 1978. This symposium, sponsored by the DOT's U.S. Coast Guard and Research and Special Programs Administration, provided a forum for researchers involved in the use of water-in-fuel emulsions in combustion. Participants from academia, industry, and government contributed papers and discussed the properties, production, and utilization of water-in-fuel emulsions in boilers, diesels, and gas turbines. These proceedings contain the abstracts of 19 papers as well as the discussions on these papers and recommendations for needed research in emulsified fuel technology. Also included is a list of attendees.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Coal fuels; Combustion; Diesel engines; Emulsions; Fuel composition; Fuel emulsions; Fuel oils; Gas turbines; Propulsion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Coal/oil fuel; Combustion technology; Diesel propulsion
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00311355
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-50-79 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM