BEHAVIOUR OF PANTOGRAPHS AND THE OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT AT SPEEDS HIGHER THAN 160 KM/H. COMPARISON AND ANALYSIS OF TEST RESULTS. RECOMMENDATIONS CONCERNING THE DESIGN OF PANTOGRAPHS AND OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT
The present report forms the Final Report for Question A 84. The first part gives a survey of the studies and tests carried out on behalf of the A 84 Specialists Committee and described in the ten previous reports. A comparison is then made between the different types of pantographs and overhead equipment examined. This is followed by: a) a comparison and analysis of the test results and b) by the results of theoretical studies and experimental tests by BR. The conclusions take into account all the studies made by the A 84 Specialists Committee concerning the design of pantographs and overhead equipment for all the systems examined. Finally, recommendations are given concerning pantograph and overhaed equipment designs and also some proposals for future studies.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrical conductivity; Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics; Question a84
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052718
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A84/RP 11/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM