BRIDGE DECK RESTORATION METHODS AND PROCEDURES, PART II--BRIDGE DECK MEMBRANE SEALS WITH OVERLAY (INTERIM REPORT V)
This report evaluates some 20 installations of bridge deck preformed membrane seals and 16 installations of liquid membrane seals. Each installation is discussed in detail and a test performance record for each is included. Each installation is rated as acceptable or not acceptable. All installations of one membrane type are collectively evaluated as to the suitability of that membrane for contract usage or for further testing. 5 of the 7 preformed membranes tested are rated successful and are recommended as approved membranes. These are Heavy Duty Bituthene (with dry tack), Regular Bituthene, Gacoflex N-3S, Hydro-Ban RVN-45, and Protecto Wrap M-400. 2 of the 7 liquid membranes tested are rated successful and are recommended as approved membranes. These are Polytok 165 and EDOCO Elastomeric. The Gacoflex UWM is rated tentatively satisfactory. (FHWA)
- Study was conducted in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Sacramento, CA United States 95807
- Jurach, P J
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Evaluation; Maintenance; Seals (Devices); Securing and joining equipment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Membranes
- Old TRIS Terms: Membranes (Biology)
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00311094
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/CA/SD-79/2 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F-10-1
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM