SEA BEHAVIOUR CHARACTERISTICS OF FLOATING STRUCTURES
The paper presents the results of long term predictions of wave induced motions and moments of a 131,000-dwt tanker operating in five different regions of the Brazilian coast. Using the computer program SCORES, calculations were made of the ship responses in regular waves. The prediction is carried out for eight sea behaviour characteristics of the ship; heave, pitch, vertical bending moment, sway, yaw, roll, lateral bending moment and torsional moment. The results show that for the same structure, different design and operating criteria are required according to the operating area. The method can be applied in the case of floating platforms in which case it is necessary to introduce a transfer function. Order from BSRA as No. 52,561.
- Proceedings of International Conference on Offshore Structures Engineering held at COPPE, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, September 1977.
International Conf Offshore Structures EngineeringFederal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Sphaier, S H
- Neves, MAS
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Computer programs; Floating structures; Moments (Mechanics); Offshore platforms; Pitch (Dynamics); Rolling; Ship motion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Floating bodies; Heaving
- Old TRIS Terms: Floating platforms; Heave response; Rolling moment; Ship response
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00310909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM