WEAR OF CONTACT STRIPS AND OF THE OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT WHEN USING METALLIC OR COMPOSITE CONTACT STRIPS. GENERAL SURVEY--COMPARISON AND ANALYSIS OF THE LINE. TESTS--CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The present document (Report No. 6 - Final Report) contains a general survey of the results of the line tests carried out during the years 1965 - 1970. These tests were aimed at determining, for each traction current system and under normal service conditions, the most economic contact-strip material from the point of view of contact-strip and contact-wire wear. The detailed results are given in reports a 69/RP 3 and RP 5.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Equipment design; Pantographs; Railroad electrification
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Magyar Allamvasutak; Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Osterreichische Bundesbahnen; Schweizerische Bundesbahnen; Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Belges; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a69
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052702
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A69/RP 6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM