WESTERN CANADIAN PORTS - THEIR ORIGINS, PRESENT PROBLEMS, AND FUTURE
An informative book with articles on the following topics: Background for Western Port Development; Western Ports and Western Economic Development; Ocean Trade and Its Impact on Western Canada; Impediments to the Development of Pacific Rim Trade; New Port Developments -- Generators of Industrial Growth; The Island Ports -- Problems and Solutions; The Economic Utilization of Dock Facilities; Public Port Administration; Operator or Landlord?; Constraints on Cargo Development; Seaport Secondary Industries; Western Canadian Ports -- The Importance to Alberta; Management and Labour in Waterfront Industries; Government or Private Enterprise; A Western View of Canada's New Port Policy and the Future of West Coast Ports.
- Proceedings of the Western Ports Symposium.
University of British Columbia, VancouverCentre for Transportation Studies
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V6T 1W5
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 386 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Economic analysis; Economic forecasting; Labor relations; Marine terminals; Port operations; Port structures; Ports; Trade
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ports); Trade development; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00310856
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM