WEAR OF CONTACT STRIPS AND OF THE OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT WHEN USING METALLIC OR COMPOSITE CONTACT STRIP: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF PANTOGRAPHS FOR POWERED VEHICLES USED IN INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC
Even since 1960, the West-European Railway Administrations have occupied themselves with the development of motive power units suitable for 3 and 4 current supply systems. The A 3 Specialists Committee then dealing with such equations, was requested to furnish a document concerning the use of some pantograph types for all the current supply systems to be taken into consideration. The results then obtained were assembled in Report A 3/RP 5. However, even though the recommendations made in this report had been strictly adhered to during the design of the pantographs, numerous difficulties were encountered, particularly when they were used on the 1.5 kV NS network. In view of the difficulties arising in the case of 1.5 kV d.c. overhead contact systems, the above report has been brought up to date, taking into account the developments during the last few years and the present state of knowledge.
- Not available to third parties. Only for use by ORE and member administrations.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Dual powered locomotives; Equipment design; Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Dual voltage locomotives; Question a69
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052701
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A69/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM