WEAR OF CONTACT STRIPS AND OF THE OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT WHEN USING METALLIC OR COMPOSITE CONTACT STRIPS. SECOND ENQUIRY REPORT
This report gives a summary of all the results of the analysis available at present and takes into account all the modifications which have been found necessary. The figures supplied by the Administrations which are represented by a member in the Specialists Committee have been examined in a general way and, if necessary, modified. The figure supplied by Administrations which do not have a representative in the Committee have again been inserted in the report for information. An attempt has been made to reduce the sources of errors by using better methods of calculation and making the questionnaire more readily understandable. After the causes of difference had been eliminated, the final figures for the comparative costs, of the wear of the contact strips and of the contact wire were sometimes so different that the figures given in the last report can be considered as unreliable. The layout of the report has been improved to exclude as far as possible misunderstandings and improve the overall comprehension of the relations which exist between the various factors involved.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-10
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Contact wire; Equipment design; Pantographs; Railroad electrification
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a69
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052699
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A69/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM