TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION BETWEEN RAIL AND MOTIVE POWER UNITS. RESULTS OF PRACTICAL TRANSMISSION TESTS AND MEASUREMENTS OF TRACK-CONDUCTOR CHARACTERISTICS (TEXT AND APPENDICES TO CHAPTERS 3 AND 4)
The appendices to this report contain accounts of the different tests and studies carried out at the initiative of ORE Specialists Committee A 46, namely: study of the methods of cable laying and of the measurement of the distance covered; measurement of track-conductor characteristics according to the pattern of laying of these, and effect of climatic conditions; transmission tests between track and stationary vehicles with various cable configuration and fraction voltages and fixed station on ground, supplying data on the bit error rate as a function of the transmitted power level; and measurement of the bit error rate with a moving motive power unit, for the direction of transmission track-loco, with various traction voltages as a function of the speed, traction power, transmission power and frequency.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train operation; Cab signals; Data communications; Electric insulating materials; Inductive interference; Insulating materials; Interference; Railroad electrification; Speed control; Telecommunications; Track circuits
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inductive coupling
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a46
- Subject Areas: Construction; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052689
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A46/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM