TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION BETWEEN RAIL AND MOTIVE POWER UNIT. TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS AND COSTS OF DIFFERENT CONTROL SYSTEMS FOR A TRACK OF COMPARISON. TEST AND APPENDICES
This report is intended to serve as a basis for a technical and financial comparison of control systems. For this purpose the Committee is investigating a fictitious "track of comparison" equipped with different control systems, the principles of which have been described in Interim Report No. 3. The means of transmission on which the systems are based have been explained in Interim Report No. 2. A basis for ascertaining the costs is provided by the call for tenders issued by the Committee and subsequent further enquiries of the tendering companies. After the introduction, in which the requirements for the present study, in particular the documents forming its basis, are briefly referred to, the track of comparison is described in detail. The control systems are described in Chapter 3, and the costs of equipping the "track of comparison" with these systems are also ascertained there. The systems are compared from the operating point of view in Chapter 4, the relevant study being based on the "Requirements of the Operating Department (UIC)". The extensibility of the systems based on the programme of Portsmouth (Informatory Memorandum for the UIC with a description of the development stages) is also always borne in mind. The conclusions contain references to further steps which would have to be adopted to achieve a European system.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-6
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Automatic train operation; Cab signals; Data communications; Speed control; Track circuits
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a46
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052687
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A46/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM