NOISE ABATEMENT ON BRIDGES. NOISE DEVELOPMENT IN STEEL RAILWAY BRIDGES
The increasing importance of the consideration of questions of noise in the planning of railway bridges was the occasion for making the results of noise measurements on steel bridges already submitted, available in standardized form to a wider circle. Until the submission of a final Report on the current theoretical and practical investigations into the noise behaviour of bridges, the survey given by it can be of use in the choice of the bridge construction acoustically most favourable in specifically situated cases e.g. a densely settled residential district.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge construction; Bridges; Bridges (Ships); Construction; Metal bridges; Noise; Noise control; Sound level; Steel bridges
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge noise; Question d105
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D105/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM