STANDARDIZATION OF WORKING PROCEDURES AND OF MEANS FOR INCREASING THE CAPACITY OF MARSHALLING YARDS
The application of modern organization systems and techniques should enable the Railways to increase the quality of their service and to exploit to the full all the resources at their disposal. Marshalling yards play an essential part in organizing the transport of goods traffic; for this reason, it is necessary to increase their capacity by accelerating operations in marshalling yards and by reducing costs. The purpose of this leaflet is to recommend certain measures in the organizational fields, and methods of operation designed to achieve this end.
International Union of Railways14 rue Jean Rey
75015 Paris, France
- Publication Date: 1968-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Standardization; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Yard capacity
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00052677
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOC 19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM